We are looking for a Lead Animator to join one of our teams to work with character animation and rigging. The ideal candidate has experience with character and creature animation, facial animation, skeletal construction and point weighting. You will also have a focus on quality control for the animations created on the team and influence the work in the group. The ideal candidate feels comfortable in a team environment and is able to contribute on many levels, working together with both other animators and programmers.
- To plan, manage, coordinate and review the work of the animation team to ensure the highest quality
- To work closely with the Game Director and Lead/Senior Designers to establish the animation requirements in all areas of the game
- To ensure that the integrity of the animations and character behaviors are realized as intended in the build via regular reviews, establishing issues and advising on implementation and technical solutions.
- To collaborate with Directors, Producers and other Leads to help drive the project direction
- Actively participate in animation system and tech design , pipeline improvements, and all animation related problem solving
- To be a positive driving force that consistently leads by example
- Act as a role-model for the animation team by emphasizing project and company goals, provide feedback on performance, mentoring and training the Animators to achieve the best of their ability.
- Passionate about animation with a high level of understanding of weight distribution, posing and timing
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both creatively and technically
- Experience with facial animation, cinematography, cinematic related character animation, rigging, skinning, animation state trees and animation scripting would be beneficial
- Experience with multi-player related animation systems and open world games would be beneficial
- Have a passion for making great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends – ideally an avid gamer!
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills, add a link to your online portfolio in your CV. To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.