Avalanche Studios is currently hiring a Gameplay Programmer with focus on Character Programming, to join a top-tier development team working on our next self-published title, at our Stockholm office.
We're looking for an programmer with experience developing character mechanics for a 3D action-adventure AAA console game, including sophisticated traversal and combat actions.
- Advanced expertise with modern C++ programming
- Completed and shipped at least one full-cycle (start to end) 3D console game project
- Strong interest and experience with modern character animation techniques
- Familiarity with modern AI and physics game systems
- Recent and relevant experience with console development (XBox / Playstation)
- Solid understanding of 3D math and its application to game development
- Experience with performance and resource optimization for consoles
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with other game-dev disciplines (animation, design, production, effects, etc)
- Passion for playing, making and thinking about games
- Direct experience with PS4 or XBox One development for a shipped title
- Direct experience developing character mechanics and animation for a recent 3D action game 5+ years experience within the game industry
- Familiarity with Python scripting
- Familiarity with modern real-time animation processes and pipeline
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.