Our huge open world games, full of explosive and emergent gameplay; our independence, sound work-life balance and unique open-world tech, are a few of the reasons our, almost 200, talents choose to work at Avalanche Studios in Stockholm.
Our members of staff are key to our games’ success and as the Studio Manager of the Stockholm studio, it’s your mission to ensure that they have what they need to deliver amazing games that meets our business goals. Our office is designed to offer the best environment for team-focused and creative development in a passion-driven industry.
Your main responsibilities
- Oversee and provide the best service to all productions in the studio.
- Responsible for leading all service functions within the studio(s) and meeting operational goals, including overseeing the operational team.
- Ensure teams are appropriately resourced to deliver against business and operational objectives.
- Manage changing priorities and implement plans (staffing, space planning etc.) to meet business, and project, needs.
- Manage budget based on forecast and target metrics. Collaborate with production and operations teams to plan and implement new studio- and company- initiatives.
- Support professional growth initiatives through competence sharing platforms & leadership programs.
- Basic Studio Legal - letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements
- Create external partnerships with vendors/agencies to leverage resources and cost advantages.
- Use feedback, metrics and retrospectives to drive studio improvements and plan future initiatives for the studio.
- Provide mentoring, development and performance management to leads and Operations team.
We think you
- Have solid and relevant management experience from the game industry, or other creative industries.
- Have strong people communication and leadership skills.
- Can quickly build trust and credibility; liaising with company management, production leads and operation teams.
- Are business-driven with commitment to invest into the success of the company.
- Are pragmatic and committed to the needs of the team when facing changes and solving problems.
- Are confident in giving others trust and mandate, and in following-up with constructive feedback on results and efforts.
- Are efficient with your and other’s time, and always strive to improve.
- A creative environment and an agile way of structuring and planning our work.
- Working collaboratively within a diverse, dynamic and non-hierarchical culture.
- A structure where you are given trust and opportunities to challenge yourself and others.
- A solid work-life balance.
For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply, please register your LinkedIn profile and application below. We review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.