Avalanche Studios is looking for a Technical Designer to join our team in creating the next great AAA open world action game. As a Technical Designer, you’ll be responsible for using your blend of technical know-how, creativity, and communication skills to act as a bridge between the Game Design and Programming departments. To make it possible for you and your peers to make a truly great game.
We’re currently looking at Designers of all experience levels—junior, mid, and senior. If you’re junior and you’ve got the drive and talent, we’ll train you to be one of the best. If you’re senior, we’ll scale your responsibilities to match.
Regardless of experience level, the role will entails tasks like:
- Recognizing inefficiencies in the workflow and fixing them. This will often entail building reusable bits of content and logic, to facilitate efficient content building. But, depending on the situation, it can also entail…
- …writing a quick script or batch file.
- …making a small change in the game or editor code.
- …telling everyone about a feature that no one seems to know about.
- Working with Design Leads to
- create the right content (be it levels, missions, races, challenges, etc.) for the game,
- and stay aligned with the vision for the both the game and the process for creating it.
- Collaborating with your peers in the Design Team to share knowledge and figure out exactly what all of you need to create the best possible game. Then both helping them understand how the guts of the game works and communicate their needs with the Programming Team.
- Collaborating with members of the Tools Programming, Technical Art, Technical Design, and Technical Animation sub-departments as a representative of the entire New York Design Team.
- Working closely with various members of the Programming Team to
- help ensure features meet design requirements and result in an efficient process
- and learn how various features of the game work and how to use them the right way
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume and cover letter. Please make sure to include in your cover letter why you are interested in this specific position.
Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in New York City.