Avalanche Studios is currently hiring a VFX Artist to join a top-tier team based in Stockholm.
As this is a new team we are staffing up we are looking for motivated and driven VFX Artists that are excited about creating cutting edge AAA visual effects. We are interested in hearing from both junior, mid-level and senior developers for this position.
The team has a local producer based in the Stockholm studio, and collaborates daily with the art team in New York.
The focus and majority of time will be spent creating, implementing and optimizing particle visual effects. Examples include fire, smoke, explosion trails and sparkle bursts. The ideal candidate feels comfortable in a team environment and is able to deliver compelling special effects for an original IP. You will work with the Art Director and the Lead Artist to create visually stunning effects utilizing the Avalanche engine. This is a huge opportunity for a driven effect artist to be able to help manage, research and evolve the Avalanche effects pipeline and expertise to create amazing visual effects. Avalanche Studios is developing for next gen platforms.
- Experience in the game industry on a AAA game
- Expert in creating high-quality particle effects and textures
- A portfolio showcasing high-quality effects reel and high resolution effect textures
- The ability to view visual reference of an effect, deconstruct it and subsequently re-create it in a real-time game engine is essential
- Strong knowledge of environmental effects, cloth simulations, lighting and dynamics\n
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Adobe After Effects and 3D Studio Max
- Experience working with and knowledge of PS4 and Xbox One hardware
- Experience creating real time effects through proprietary engines
- Experience in writing scripts/plugins in MEL, C/C++ for Maya
- Experience in creating real time shaders and post effects
We can offer you a varied job where you work closely with a fun and experienced team with extremely competent people in a highly specialized and unique development environment. Since Avalanche Studios is Sweden’s biggest independent studio you will have unique possibilities to have a big influence on today’s and tomorrow’s game development.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume, link to a portfolio and cover letter. A portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.\n