As Head of PR and Communications at Avalanche Studios, you’ll join a close-knit team working together to spread the word about our huge open world games, full of explosive and emergent gameplay. Our independence, sound work-life balance and unique, proprietary open-world tech are a few of the reasons over 200 talented developers choose to work at Avalanche Studios in Stockholm. Our office is designed to offer the best environment possible for team-focused and creative development in a passion-driven industry.
In this role, you will work closely with our CEO, Marketing, Operations, Producers, and collaborate with multiple teams across Avalanche Studios in Stockholm and New York. You will be responsible for the external and internal communications strategies around our business and games. You have a proven record of crafting innovative global communications plans that change perceptions and reach a variety of audiences. You see Public Relations and Communications stretching from media engagement to content creation and storytelling. You thrive in an ever-changing, dynamic environment where collaboration is key.
- Help craft our company tone and visual identity, including communication plans for both external and internal projects.
- Review and maintain an excellent and consistent approach to communications including press releases, statements, press kits, presentations and briefing materials for spokespeople.
- Build and maintain successful media relationships.
- Take ownership of press tours, trade shows, conferences and other opportunities to showcase our games.
- Provide guidance for event planning, collaborating with the Office and Marketing Teams to plan company events like release parties.
- Manage company communications budgets, invoicing and reporting.
- Take on a brand guardian role towards our partners in publishing and licensing.
- Own Employer Branding content, working with agencies/production companies to create content that helps with recruitment and overall visibility.
- Assist the in-house Marketing Team in the creation, execution and management of game campaigns for self-published games.
- Assume responsibility of company communication channels, social media, and company website.
- BA in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or Journalism
- Minimum of 3 years of Public Relations (or similar) experience, focusing on video games or entertainment
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience launching AAA video games is a plus
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Effective organizational and planning skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Experience with budget management
For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. You are also expected to travel from time to time. To apply, please register your CV and cover letter below. We review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
By applying to this role you give your consents as described below with respect to the information
given on your application form and confirm your agreement to the terms set out below: *
Avalanche Studios collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Avalanche Studios’s
recruitment related activities as well as for organisational planning purposes globally. Consequently,
Avalanche Studios may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants
including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results,
and as otherwise needed in the recruitment processes, including the final recruitment. Avalanche Studios does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. Avalanche Studios may from time to time also use third parties to act on Avalanche Studios behalf. You agree that, to the extent necessary, your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Avalanche Studios’s group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Avalanche Studios behalf. If your current application to Avalanche Studios proves unsuccessful, your personal data may still be stored for future vacancies. Avalanche Studios will delete all information given on your application form on your request without undue delay. Questions, comments or requests regarding this privacy statement are welcome and should be addressed to: [email protected]