Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment). The studio has also created acclaimed twin stick shooter Renegade Ops (published by SEGA). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has brought free-to-play service theHunter Classic to market and reached more than 7 million registered players across 190 countries. The theHunter franchise was expanded in 2017 to also include premium title theHunter: Call of the Wild, which was released for PC and subsequently console platforms. Avalanche Studios, which is based in Stockholm and New York City, was founded in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.
As Head of PR and Communications at Avalanche Studios, you’ll join a close-knit team working together to spread the word about our huge open world games, full of explosive and emergent gameplay. Our independence, sound work-life balance and unique, proprietary open-world tech are a few of the reasons over 200 talented developers choose to work at Avalanche Studios in Stockholm. Our office is designed to offer the best environment possible for team-focused and creative development in a passion-driven industry.
In this role, you will work closely with our CEO, Marketing, Operations, Producers, and collaborate with multiple teams across Avalanche Studios in Stockholm and New York. You will be responsible for the external and internal communications strategies around our business and games. You have a proven record of crafting innovative global communications plans that change perceptions and reach a variety of audiences. You see Public Relations and Communications stretching from media engagement to content creation and storytelling. You thrive in an ever-changing, dynamic environment where collaboration is key.
- Help craft our company tone and visual identity, including communication plans for both external and internal projects.
- Review and maintain an excellent and consistent approach to communications including press releases, statements, press kits, presentations and briefing materials for spokespeople.
- Build and maintain successful media relationships.
- Take ownership of press tours, trade shows, conferences and other opportunities to showcase our games.
- Provide guidance for event planning, collaborating with the Office and Marketing Teams to plan company events like release parties.
- Manage company communications budgets, invoicing and reporting.
- Take on a brand guardian role towards our partners in publishing and licensing.
- Own Employer Branding content, working with agencies/production companies to create content that helps with recruitment and overall visibility.
- Assist the in-house Marketing Team in the creation, execution and management of game campaigns for self-published games.
- Assume responsibility of company communication channels, social media, and company website.
- BA in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or Journalism
- Minimum of 3 years of Public Relations (or similar) experience, focusing on video games or entertainment
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience launching AAA video games is a plus
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
- Effective organizational and planning skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Experience with budget management
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. You are also expected to travel from time to time. To apply, please register your CV and cover letter below. We review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.