Avalanche Studios is currently looking for a senior programmer to lead the development of our next generation open world / sandbox multiplayer engine.
As the Technical Director for multiplayer you will take ownership of the architecture and implementation of multiplayer in the Avalanche Apex engine. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the most complex and rewarding challenges in game development today; Open worlds, sandbox gameplay and highly destructible multiplayer environments.
As with most multiplayer development, a keen sense of fun gameplay and that 6th sense for what gives the perfect "feeling" are both key aspects for this role.
This is a rare opportunity for the candidate who wants to play an instrumental and leading role in a small team developing next-generation multiplayer experience.
If you are a person who likes being challenged and stimulated in an ambitious and talented environment this position will suit you perfectly. Avalanche Studios is developing for both current and next gen platforms.
- A strong passion for multiplayer and open world games
- Experience from implementing multiplayer in multiple shipped games on PC or consoles
- Exceptional experience from architecting and implementing networking technology and approaches, e.g. client-server, peer-to-peer
- Familiarity with animation, physics and gameplay code in general
- Knowledge of low-level network concepts, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, sockets
- Basic understanding of the possibilities and challenges the PS4 and XB1 hardware architectures imposes on multiplayer support
- Experience of the platform specific services and APIs available for online presence, e.g. PSN, Xbox Live, Steam
- Experience with matchmaking, lobbies, friends lists and host migration
- Experience with security and anti-hacking approaches and techniques
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm, Sweden.