We are looking for an experienced and motivated Animation Scripter to join our Animation team on our self-published title theHunter: Call of the Wild. At Avalanche Studios you will work with some of the industry’s most exciting technology and talented individuals. You are expected to have previous experience from implementing advanced character animated behaviors and to be able to utilize this experience to push the quality of our titles even further.
Alongside your project, you will be a member of our knowledge based platform Crafts. In the Technical Animation Craft, you meet and develop with Animator Scripters, Animation Tools Developers and Riggers cross-projects. You share experiences and knowledge with each other, in order to learn and to be aligned cross-projects on what makes the best Open-world experiences.
As an Animation Scripter, you will work with our animation department to design and implement compelling animated characters, weapons and more. You will help determine solutions for common animation use-cases, e.g. navigation, combat, environmental interaction, and then implement these using our animation state machine scripting language. You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities and driving the use of procedural components within animation, e.g. ragdoll blending, IK, parametric blending.
- A strong passion for character animation in games
- Proven experience working with animation state machines
- Proven experience with modern advanced character animation techniques, such as blend trees, additive/partial animations, morph targets, inverse kinematics, parametric blending.
- Prior experience working with character animation on at least one shipped title on current-gen consoles
- Be a proactive team member who is constantly pushing the animation behaviors and striving to reach the extremely high level of quality that the project requires
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to work efficiently within the craft and with other departments, such as design, code and animation.
- Experience working with ragdoll physics, particularly blending rag-doll with animations.
- Experience with Havok Animation and Havok Physics
- Programming experience with run-time animation systems
- Knowledge of Motion Builder, Maya or other similar animation creation software
- Knowledge of animation pipeline and workflows
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills, add a link to your online portfolio in your CV. To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.