Avalanche Studios is looking for a Freelance Animator to join our team in creating the next great AAA open world action game. As an Animator you will be working with a talented team of programmers, designers and animators, to fully realize content for our in-game character features.
This position requires you to take on a considerable amount of ownership and responsibility. You are expected to bring your passion, highly developed animation skills and creative problem solving to contribute to our project on many levels.
The ideal candidate has experience with character animation, rigging and skinning. Being a small team, we welcome multi-talented Animators who also have experience from technical animation and working as an artist. As an Animator you will contribute on many levels, both to the game and the company as a whole, working together with all other members of the team.
- 3-4 years of experience working as an Animator in the games industry
- Experienced in using Maya and/or MotionBuilder
- Skills in animating both human and creature characters
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- Strong driving force to produce animations of the highest quality and maintain our high quality standards\n
- Accomplished observational skills coupled with a strong understanding of weight distribution and pacing/timing
- Good communication skills and experience from working in a team environment\n\n
- Experience from animating animals or creatures
- Procedural animation experience
- State machine graph and animation tree experience
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.Please note: you need to have a working link to a portfolio/reel provided in your CV
Local candidates only. This position will require to work in our Stockholm Studio as an independent contractor. This is a temporary role.