Avalanche Studios and Expansive Worlds are looking for an experienced QA Engineer to work within a mid-sized team on an exciting self published title. Avalanche Studios in Stockholm is looking for a bright, enthusiastic and motivated Quality Assurance Engineer.
You will be centered in the Stockholm QA team and will be working closely with many different people within the different development disciplines. The ability to scope out game features, analyze, create test plans, execute testing and communicate is imperative.
Your main tasks will be to perform functional and qualitative testing of gameplay mechanics, as well as write and execute test cases. It will be your responsibility to report all issues into a bug tracking tool and have a firm knowledge of bug writing to a high standard. It is essential that you are able to create test plans and perform risk assessments, you are proactive and can clearly communicate concerns, work within deadlines, take direction well and will actively promote testing within development.
- Minimum 2 years of professional QA experience (experience from shipping games)
- Console and PC testing experience
- Experience of analyzing, planning and executing testing
- Knowledge of bug writing and bug tracking software
- A holistic and tenacious approach to problem-solving
- Excellent English (written and verbal)
- High social skills and great at communication
- An interest in playing games from different genres
- Education in fields related to games or/and testing
- QA Live experience
- Experience of compliance/certification testing for consoles (PS4 and Xbox One)
- Experience with debugging software and software crash outputs
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.