Avalanche Studios is currently hiring a UI Artist to an unannounced AAA title being developed in Stockholm.
You are willing to push the boundaries of UI, and the ability to consider issues from numerous angles
(Design/Art/Code) and takes efficient actions. You will work closely with the Design and Art teams to build assets and animations to translate gameplay info into compelling and useful visual feedback. Alongside your project you will be a member of our knowledge based platform Crafts. In the UI Craft, you will meet and develop with other UI developers across projects. You share experiences and knowledge with each other, in order to learn and to be aligned on what makes the best UI and open-world experiences.
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator fluency
- Adobe Animate (Flash) fluency: animating, working with assets, building movieclip hierarchies, setting up files for programming hook-up, etc
- Good portfolio: high quality execution and creative sensibility
- Good communication skills: need to both understand and accurately express tricky concepts with designers.
Nice to have:
- UI experience
- Game design experience
- Actionscript familiarity
- Working with design to translate gameplay systems into meaningful visual feedback.
- Working with art direction to present that feedback in a visually compelling way that compliments the game design, direction and tone.
- Working with UI programmers to implement designs using Adobe Animate.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is also required. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.