Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix), the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) and is currently working on Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks), scheduled for release in 2019. As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has brought free-to-play service theHunter Classic to market and reached more than 7 million registered players across 190 countries. The theHunter franchise was expanded in 2017 to also include premium title theHunter: Call of the Wild, which was released for PC and subsequently console platforms. Avalanche Studios, which is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö, was founded in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.
Located in the Stockholm QA team, you will be part of a small, embedded QA team, working closely with the various crafts involved in making our game.
Your main role will be to assess and promote quality through functional and qualitative testing of gameplay mechanics. Main tasks will include: analyzing test needs, designing test cases, executing manual tests, documenting plans and results, and following up on them, and reporting all issues into a bug tracking tool. It is essential that you are proactive and can clearly communicate concerns, work within deadlines, take direction well and will actively promote testing within development.
- Minimum 2 years of professional QA experience.
- Experienced in PC and console testing.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of testing/planning tools.
- Thorough understanding of gaming industry standards.
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging.
- Has comprehensive and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Has great communication skills and a strong sense of urgency and teamwork.
- Able to prioritize assigned tasks and react to a rapid development pace.
- Capability to be flexible and team-oriented with the aptitude to balance multiple tasks.
- Able to identify details whilst also maintaining an overview of the bigger picture.
- Ability to immediately recognize critical issues or testing deficiencies and raise concerns to leadership.
- Understanding that testing / quality assurance is a crucial process in game development.
- An interest in playing games from different genres.
- Education in fields related to games or/and testing.
- Experience working on a live product.
- Experience with debugging software and handling crash outputs.
- Knowledge of 1st party compliance and submission process.
- Evangelist of quality standards and able to educate the team on quality processes.
- Familiar with JIRA and Testrail.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.