Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix), the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) and is currently working on Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks), scheduled for release in 2019. As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has brought free-to-play service theHunter Classic to market and reached more than 7 million registered players across 190 countries. The theHunter franchise was expanded in 2017 to also include premium title theHunter: Call of the Wild, which was released for PC and subsequently console platforms. Avalanche Studios, which is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö, was founded in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.
Avalanche Studios are looking for an experienced Character Artist who is ready to raise the bar in terms of realistic character art in our next self published title. You will develop art content for characters and contribute exceptional quality art to the game. You will work closely with the Lead Artist to ensure the future success of art creation and to help continuing our high quality.
- Excellent skills in Maya, Photoshop and Z-brush or equivalent
- A strong sense of asset ownership though the art pipeline, taking full responsibility for assets from initial creation to implementation in the final product
- Previously created character models for one or more published AA or AAA games
- Ability to create highly unique characters based on existing concept Art
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Advanced understanding of generating textures from high poly models
- You have an excellent artistic ability and you are driven to find the right visual feeling and quality in your work.
- Passion for playing and making games
- A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills (High & Low Poly Models, Texture pages, Renders etc.). Add a link to your online portfolio in your CV
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills. Add a link to your online portfolio in your CV. To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Malmö, Sweden.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our studio in Malmö, Sweden is the company’s third location since it was founded in Stockholm in 2003, and expanded to New York City in 2011.The Malmö studio will focus on development of current and future Avalanche Studios IPs, relatively small and flexible projects which rest on a solid foundation of AAA production values and award-winning proprietary technology. Malmö was chosen because of its unique location, rich culture and - above all - thriving game development community. With our creative independence, a decade and a half of experience and strong portfolio of games, Avalanche Studios will fill a unique position in the city.