As a Hard-Surface and Integration Artist at Avalanche Studios you will work in collaboration with art and other departments to visually create the vehicles, weapons and other key assets in the world, as well as integrate assets we receive from outsourcing. We expect you to be familiar with every step of the pipeline from integrating greyboxes through modeling and texturing to final implementation in the game. You will also be responsible for the final functionality of assets, such as complex collision modeling, destruction and morph-target creation, and other technical setups.
- Excellent modeling and texturing skills using Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop and Substance Painter
- A strong understanding of asset pipelines
- Experience with physical based rendering
- A strong reel demonstrating well-documented artistic ability
- A great sense of technical know how and functional problem-solving
- A strong sense for how mechanical objects are fabricated and assembled
- Passion for playing and making games
- 2+ years of experience
- Ability to communicate an artistic vision
- Ability to work well on complex tasks
This is a 4 months contract and the position requires to work at our New York office.