Avalanche Studios is looking to hire a Character Programmer to join a top-tier development team working on our self-published titles, at our Stockholm office. As a character programmer we think you bring long experience from previous productions developing animation systems and character mechanics for console games. Our ambition has always been to create believable characters in immersive open worlds and the sandbox components typically found in Avalanche games makes it especially challenging and interesting when developing systemic animation, AI and character solutions.
- Advanced expertise with modern C++ programming
- Completed and shipped at least one full-cycle (start to end) 3D console game project
- Strong interest and experience with modern character animation techniques
- Familiarity with modern AI and physics game systems
- Recent and relevant experience with console development (XBox / Playstation)
- Solid understanding of 3D math and its application to game development
- Experience with performance and resource optimization for consoles
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with other game-dev disciplines (animation, design, production, effects, etc)
- Passion for playing, making and thinking about games
- Direct experience with PS4 or XBox One development for a shipped title
- Direct experience developing character mechanics and animation for a recent 3D action game 3+ years experience within the game industry
- Familiarity with Python scripting
- Familiarity with modern real-time animation processes and pipeline
- Experience working with a large development team
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.