Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter Classic, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
The Producer will work with both the games team and tech department, ensuring the road map and dependencies properly line up. We’re looking for an individual who excels in organization, has superb communication abilities, is technically minded, and is comfortable managing the schedules of complex game projects.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with engineering Directors and Leads to establish long term feature schedules, milestone definitions and phase/sprint goals
- Being a part of the team – working with the teams to overcome complex problems, identify dependencies, develop schedules, improve product quality and stay on track
- Supporting the team by running daily stand-ups, scheduling meetings, taking notes, and otherwise keeping the team stay organized and on track
- Tracking live issues affecting end users and ensure they are being followed up on and resolved
- Understanding and communicating project milestones, task deadlines, and stakeholder feedback to team members across the studio
- Anticipating, identifying and proposing solutions for project risks and issues
- Utilizing the chosen project management software to provide metrics and visibility
- Other duties and responsibilities as defined by the manager including managing teams
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Familiarity with agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Exceptional communications skills both oral and written
- 3+ years of experience working in the game industry
- Have 2-3 years of experience as a Producer or Program Manager of teams
- Shipped at least one game title
- Comprehensive understanding of game development, from concept to submission and sustained development post launch.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and deliver against agreed deadlines.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Passion for games
We can offer you a varied job where you work closely with a fun and experienced team with extremely competent people in a highly specialized and unique development environment. Since Avalanche Studios is Swedens biggest independent studio you'll have unique possibilities to have a big influence on todays and tomorrows game development.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm, Sweden.