Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
Avalanche Studios in Stockholm is seeking a passionate and highly motivated Technical Animator to join one of our exciting AAA projects.
As a Technical Animator you will be responsible for rigging characters and other in-game objects, scripting for DCC software, setting-up and maintaining animation pipelines, amd aiding and facilitating animators, programmers and designers to help maximize efficiency in feature development.
An exceptional candidate has a keen understanding of how the human body works and how a 3D representation of human anatomy should deform, and is very technically savvy; having an understanding of gameplay animation workflows/pipelines and passionate about animation quality, and helping others achieve work of the highest level of quality possible within constraints.
You'll be responsible for
- Rigging characters and game objects at a high level, not only both full-body, but also facial.
- Scripting tools to aid animators achieve the best possible results
- Driving animation pipelines, and regularly improving upon them
- Working in collaboration with animators, designers and programmers to implement realisation of player mechanics and npc characters
- Communicate effectively with content teams to identify workflow issues, spec out the plan to solve them, and then drive that plan to a shippable state
- Use your technical expertise to find creative solutions to challenging problems
- High quality character rigging abilities - both full-body and facial
- Python scripting
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk animation software (Maya/Motionbuilder)
- Strong understanding of character mechanics and animation pipelines/workflows
- Clear and open communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Desire to work as part of a team; taking feedback and direction appropriately, and the motivation to work independently
- Experience working on open world games
- Experience working with player mechanics
- C++ programming experience
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills - please add a link to your online portfolio in your resume. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm, Sweden.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.