Avalanche Studios New York City is looking for a contract technical animator to join a top-tier, experienced team to help create and support animation on an AAA quality level. We are interested in hearing from all levels of developer (Junior, Mid, Senior) for this position.
As a technical animator at Avalanche Studios you will work closely with animators and character artists to help aid with planned out goals as well as support them on a day to day basis. We expect you to be able to troubleshoot and solve issues independently as much as possible to find quick solutions as well as be able to adjust your work accordingly with the possibly changing day to day needs of the animation team. The desired candidate is someone who has experience rigging various types of characters and assets as well as working with animation features/tools and pipelines.
- Proficiency in Maya
- Experience developing tools in a DCC such as Maya and/or a game engine
- Proficiency in object oriented programming, specifically Python
- Proficiency with automated character rigging systems and skinning
- Expert knowledge of game development workflows
- A solid foundation and understanding of animation pipelines
- Experience with AAA game engines, such as Unreal or Unity
- A great sense of technical excellence, functionality, and problem-solving
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Experience with Autodesk MotionBuilder
- Experience with PyQt or PySide
- Familiarity with common data formats (XML and JSON) as well as FBX
- Familiarity with version control software (Perforce, SVN, etc)
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills, add a link to your online portfolio in your CV. To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume, link to a portfolio and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work on an 8 month contract full-time in New York.