Senior Lighting Artist - New York
Avalanche Studios New York is looking for a talented and established Lighting Artist to join a top-tier, experienced team to help craft cutting edge AAA open-world games.
We are looking for a lighting artist who can tackle large and diverse problem sets effectively, autonomously, and with expediency. We are seeking a candidate who can own and innovate all aspects of our local and global lighting environments while keeping project priorities and deliverables in sight.
- 3+ years of experience with lighting techniques within the game industry
- Experience on one or more AAA titles in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of physically-based lighting techniques
- Expert level understanding of material authoring for physically-based rendering pipelines
- Experience with lighting for dynamic day/night cycles
- Knowledge of color theory and strong sense of light and shadow
- Expert level understanding of color correction and post effects
- Strong knowledge of photographic concepts
- Ability to manage one's own work with minimal supervision
- Passion for playing and making games
- Experience with open world game development
- Experience using a scripting language such as; Python, Java, Perl, Mel, ect.
- Experience with real time f/x
- Ability to communicate an artistic vision.
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills, add a link to your online portfolio in your CV. To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume, link to a portfolio and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in New York.