Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter: Classic, theHunter: Call of the Wild, and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. For this we are using the open world engine Apex 2.0, made for PC and consoles.
Our internship program is designed to provide an opportunity to gain knowledge of and exposure to a working studio environment. Avalanche Studios makes a special effort to provide the support and training needed to prepare interns to succeed in real-time projects and assignments. You will support theHunter: Call of the Wild and another project that is just about to start.
What Avalanche Can Offer You:
You'll work within a small to medium-sized game team, learning to plan and deliver the short and long term project goals. You'll have direct insight into game design, art production and code pipelines, and work up to managing small feature teams independently and reporting to the Lead Producer. You will have training in various production processes during pre-production, production and post-production phases of a project's development, as well as the operational and administrative aspects of running a team in an awesome game studio.
Good to Have:
- We're looking for someone with great attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- You are able to produce clearly presented documentation, free of errors and just the right level of detail for the target audience
- The ideal candidate will also have a good knowledge of video games and the surrounding industry and experience in project management.
- Teamplayer and like to work and communicate with people
To be eligible to participate in our internship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a video game, project management, or other related program.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with a positive, proactive and self-motivated attitude
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbally in english and an ability to work on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to take direction well and address notes
Local candidates only. This position will require you to work in our Stockholm Studio.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.