Avalanche Studios is looking for a passionate, business minded and analytical Product Owner to take full ownership of an, as of yet, unannounced game.
As Product Owner, you will help to drive the future product and business development of the new title.The role includes setting the long-term strategy for the game, defining business objectives, working towards maximising profitability, but also understanding and representing the wants and needs of our players.
You are used to delivering results within a fast-paced game development environment and possess a strong analytical acumen and business judgement. Furthermore, you need to be able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a proven track record of driving solutions both internationally and cross-functionally. Your understanding of the business behind video games in general, and how to run a game as a service in particular, is of vital importance, as is the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically. You should also be accustomed to using customer centric data to identify opportunities, merge them with the development roadmap and evaluate results.
- Set the long-term business and development roadmap for the product
- Research, assess, analyze, and produce business plans and visions for current and future product and business opportunities
- Analyze customer data and feedback to determine features or components that will add value to a product as well as maximize sales
- Identify new trends and key opportunities for innovation
- Understand the audience, analyze customer patterns, and share insights with internal teams about what drives and motivates our players
- Work closely with the marketing and development teams to optimize our opportunities and drive towards the set business objectives
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, and deliverables are clearly communicated and achieved
- Work with the Line Producer to plan capacity utilization
- 5+ years experience in a product role at a tech or gaming company.
- Used to owning and managing a product roadmap, crafting product requirements, and specifications
- Ample knowledge about the videogames market, user acquisition, and optimization of the player funnel
- Management experience, with a proven track-record of growing and empowering direct reports
- Extensive knowledge of working in a KPI-driven environment, and delivering ROI
- Experience with doing forecasting and creating monthly/yearly/long term budgets
- Fluent English and great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Collaborative, proactive, and self-motivated
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player
- Passionate about video games
- Keen gamer
- Experience working in an international environment
- Additional language(s) on a native level
- Basic SQL proficiency
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume, link to a portfolio and cover letter. A portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com