Avalanche Studios seeks a part-time intern to serve as a creative research assistant for a AAA game currently in development. Undergraduates and graduate students majoring in anthropology, library science, cultural studies, Southeast Asian studies, and other relevant subject areas will be considered.
The majority of time will be spent assisting the head of research (who is based in Stockholm) with various research initiatives, sourcing expertise, and structuring information and references, as well as serving as on-ground support for the team in NYC.
This position is based in NYC for 3 months. Preferred working hours are mornings, Monday through Friday, totalling 15 hours per week or based on availability.
- Superb communication and documentation skills
- A passion for precision and accuracy
- Ability to source expertise and conduct research using various media (games, films, academic papers and research publications)
- Previous experience with gaming is considered a plus, but is not required
- Experience with the creative process as a practitioner or researcher
- Experience structuring documentation and archives.