Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix), the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) and is currently working on Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks), scheduled for release in 2019. As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has brought free-to-play service theHunter Classic to market and reached more than 7 million registered players across 190 countries. The theHunter franchise was expanded in 2017 to also include premium title theHunter: Call of the Wild, which was released for PC and subsequently console platforms. Avalanche Studios, which is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö, was founded in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.
Avalanche Studios is seeking a talented Cinematics Producer with post-production experience to support our action-adventure AAA console game.
We need a Cinematics Producer to coordinate the work of our cinematic storytellers. The Cinematics Producer will be responsible for driving the delivery of cinematics content including in-game and pre-rendered content.
The Cinematics Producer will plan, organize, and oversee the production of cinematics to keep our creative process running smoothly. This role manages cinematics content production efforts, working closely with the Cinematics Lead, Animators, Writers, Audio team, Localization team, Designers, and Producers.
This position requires an understanding and passion for visual storytelling with a particular understanding of the mechanics of video game production.
The Cinematics Producer will manage relationships with internal, handling expectations and schedules across groups. We need a professional who is highly organized with outstanding communication skills.
- Produce all of the Cinematics team efforts and manage the planning, scheduling, assigning, and tracking of detailed tasks and dependencies
- Assist the Game Director, Narrative Lead, Cinematics Lead, and Animation Director to implement their vision for each project.
- Build and track plans and schedules
- Manage the review and approval process for the cinematics deliverables as they come online
- Guide supporting/contract produces to manage cinematics assets through the cinematics development pipeline
- Facilitate communication between the Cinematics team and other teams
- Coordinate efforts across partner development studios and external parties by helping to manage the creative vision while offering seamless technical support, knowledge sharing, and facilitating review processes
- Minimum 3 years game or film industry production experience on one, shipped AAA game or familiar with the art of game development, our industry, and the AAA environment.
- Experience producing a group of Animators, 3D Artists, and related disciplines
- Thorough understanding of game development processes and disciplines and the relationship of cinematics to the whole
- Experience with modern Motion Capture pipelines and techniques.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm, Sweden.