Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
We are looking for a creative Junior Animator for our new studio in Malmö. At Avalanche Studios you will work with some of the industry’s most exciting technology and talented individuals. This position requires you to take on a considerable amount of ownership and responsibility on a new project together with the team. You will use your passion, flair and awesome animation skills to bring the characters and creatures of our world to life .
The ideal candidate has experience with character animation… and rigging and skinning would be a big bonus. Being a small team, we welcome multi-talented Animators who also have experience with technical animation and working as an artist. As an Animator you will contribute on many levels, both to the game and the company as a whole, working together with all other members of the team.
- Min. 2 years of experience working as a 3D Animator in the games industry
- Experienced in using Maya and MotionBuilder
- Skills in animating both human and animal/creature characters
- Proficiency in technical problem solving
- Strong driving force to produce animations of the highest quality and maintain our high quality standards
- Accomplished observational skills coupled with a strong understanding of weight distribution and pacing/timing
- Good communication skills and experience from working in a team environment
- Creating and using motion capture
- Strong key-frame animation skills
- Procedural animation experience
- State machine graph and animation tree experience is a plus
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and a cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Malmö.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our studio in Malmö, Sweden is the company’s third location since it was founded in Stockholm in 2003, and expanded to New York City in 2011.The Malmö studio will focus on development of current and future Avalanche Studios IPs, relatively small and flexible projects which rest on a solid foundation of AAA production values and award-winning proprietary technology. Malmö was chosen because of its unique location, rich culture and - above all - thriving game development community. With our creative independence, a decade and a half of experience and strong portfolio of games, Avalanche Studios will fill a unique position in the city.