Our huge open world games, full of explosive and emergent gameplay; our independence, sound work-life balance and unique open-world tech, are a few of the reasons our talents choose to work at Avalanche Studios in NYC.
Our members of staff are key to our games’ success and as the Studio Manager of the NYC studio, it’s your mission to ensure that they have what they need to deliver amazing games that meets our business goals. All Avalanche office locations are designed to offer the best environment for team-focused and creative development in a passion-driven industry.
The Studio Manager reports to the Chief People Officer.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Oversee and provide the best studio service to all Creative Divisions present in NYC.
- Responsible for leading local support functions within the NYC office, including overseeing the local Office and IT team.
- Ensure teams are appropriately resourced to deliver against business and Company objectives.
- Manage changing priorities and implement plans (staffing, space planning etc.) to meet business, and Production needs.
- Manage budget based on forecast and target metrics. Collaborate with Support functions and Production to plan and implement new studio and company initiatives.
- Support professional growth initiatives through competence sharing platforms & leadership programs.
- Basic Office Legal - letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements
- Create external partnerships with vendors/agencies to leverage resources and cost advantages.
- Use feedback, metrics and retrospectives to drive studio improvements and plan future initiatives for the studio.
- Provide mentoring, development and performance management to craft leads.
We think you
- Have solid and relevant management experience from the game industry, or other creative industries
- Have strong people communication and leadership skills
- Can quickly build trust and credibility; liaising with Company management, Production leads and Support functions.
- Are pragmatic and committed to the needs of the team when facing changes and solving problems.
- Are confident in giving others trust and mandate, and in following-up with constructive feedback on results and efforts.
- Are efficient with your and other’s time, and always strive to improve.
- A creative environment and an agile way of structuring and planning our work.
- Working collaboratively within a diverse, dynamic and non-hierarchical culture.
- A structure where you are given trust and opportunities to challenge yourself and others.
- A solid work-life balance.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
New York Studio
It's the Greatest City in the World, and we're smack down in the middle of it! Since 2011, we have been making games in the one place everyone told us we couldn't. We love it here; our studio is located in a bright, open and airy custom-designed space spanning 20,000 square feet and offering a wide arrange of amenities - not to mention the views. You’ll never forget where you are.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in New York City.
We offer our full time employees 100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and 5 weeks of PTO including 2 weeks of Summer break. Employees enjoy the company’s commitment to work-life balance and working with a talented team on an exciting AAA game.
By applying to this role you give your consents as described below. Avalanche Studios collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Avalanche Studios’s recruitment related activities as well as for organisational planning purposes. Avalanche Studios may use your personal data in relation to the selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests as well as evaluating and assessing the results. Avalanche Studios does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. Avalanche Studios may from time to time also use third parties to act on Avalanche Studios behalf. You agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Avalanche Studios’s group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Avalanche Studios behalf. If your current application to Avalanche Studios proves unsuccessful, your personal data may still be stored for future vacancies. Avalanche Studios will delete all information given on your application form on your request without undue delay. Questions, comments or requests regarding this privacy statement are welcome and should be addressed to: [email protected]