Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
Avalanche Studios is looking for a driven IT Manager to lead the IT team in Stockholm. As the IT Manager you would execute the IT strategy for Avalanche Studios and manage the IT operations on a day to day basis. You and your team will work hands-on with our IT systems and facilities. Your responsibilities will be many but the key is to support our team members and serve our productions’ IT needs.
- Experience working with hand-on Sys admin, security and networking
- Experience with automation configuration management and architect for the game platform.
- Experience working in a multi-office environment (cross -location)
- Comfortable with supporting recruitment needs to help grow and shape the IT team.
- Experience with initiating new workflow to create synergies between IT and production.
- Make sure we have networking, hardware and support systems in place
- Ensure systems have scope for growth in line with our studio plans
- Provide technical support to Employees on both hardware and software set-up and issues
- Identify, budget, prioritize, implement and oversee IT projects together with technical leads
- Purchasing of hardware and software, managing of licenses and hardware inventory
- Manage facility systems and building security
- Multiple years of experience in a role within IT operations
- Extensive knowledge of working with networking, software and hardware configuration
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- A strong passion for games and tech and have a deep interest in IT
- Self-motivation, adaptivity and a strong sense of service mindedness
- Fluency in English
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.