CG Supervisor - Real time rendering - New York
Avalanche Studios New York is looking for a talented CG Supervisor, specialized in real time rendering, to join their top-tier team and help craft cutting edge AAA open-world games.
We are looking for a CG Supervisor/Technical Artist with specialized experience towards real time rendering pipelines support the development of high-profile projects for consoles and PC. The ideal candidate feels comfortable in a team environment and is able to contribute on many levels of the technical art side in general, and with an edge in realtime rendering features. You will work with the Art and Technical Directors, lighting and VFX artists to help manage, research and evolve rendering and visual feature of our pipeline, engine and game. In addition the role act as a liaison between artists and programmers.
As an employee of Avalanche Studios, you will work in an environment where social skills are just as important as your professional skills. You will work with a team of talented and experienced game developers, who have worked on numerous best-selling and critically acclaimed titles.
- 5+ years’ experience and shipped titles in a similar role for real time graphics, potentially supporting years from pre rendered industries
- Strong knowledge of current 3D rendering principles and shaders
- Strong understanding of HDR, wide gamut rendering pipelines
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software including Maya and Substance
- Expert knowledge of Python and the Qt Framework
- Competency with architecting and developing tools and pipelines for artists
- Experience working with and knowledge of current generation console hardware
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other members of the development team.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with pre rendering pipelines
- Comfortable writing shaders
- Leadership and/or mentoring experience
- Experience working with proprietary engines
- Knowledge and experience using C++
- Experience with Houdini and procedural pipelines
- A solid foundation in traditional art
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills, add a link to your online portfolio in your CV. To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume, link to a portfolio and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in New York.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.