Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
We are looking for a Senior Audio Designer for our new unannounced IP project. This position includes both working with the creative audio vision, as well as design and implementation of assets. As a member of the sound team, you will enjoy working with many and varied parts of implementation and design, through our editors and scripting languages, as well as middleware solutions and standard audio editors. The Avalanche audio pipeline is design driven, so you will enjoy great freedom in your designs as you implement them all the way into the game.
As a Senior Sound Designer you will be part of a tight and highly motivated team that strives to create the best sound experiences possible in games. In addition to the members of the audio department you will work side by side with game developers of all disciplines in order to realize the best possible open world game experience.
Qualified candidates must have a passion for audio, a feel for music and a solid grasp of theoretical concepts such as sonic perspective, layered textures and abstract vs. concrete sound design as well as more tangible concepts such as gain structure, and basic digital audio principals. Since responsibilities also include a certain amount of audio visionary and direction work, experience in creating and maintaining audio visions, as well as interfacing and directing composers and other audio outsourcing, is highly valued.
- Designing of audio assets
- Implementation of audio into the game
- Audio scripting in middleware and in our Apex engine
- Dialogue editing
- Music editing
- Audio visionary work
- Music and Dialogue directing
- Minimum of 5 years working as a sound designer in the games industry, with at least one shipped AAA title
- Proficient in audio implementation, both design and scripting, and the stages involved in taking your design all the way into the game
- A good understanding of audio implementation in open world games
- Highly motivated and good at communicating and working within cross-discipline teams
- Ability to take and give direction for sound design
- Good grasp of FMOD
- Fluent in common audio tools and software (Reaper, Cubase, ProTools, Soundforge, etc)
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in creating and driving audio visions within projects
- Ability to edit and navigate within XML and Python scripts
- Field recording experience
- Solid grasp of microphone basics
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and a cover letter. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm, Sweden.