The Senior Producer will work with both the games team and tech department, ensuring the road map and dependencies properly line up. We’re looking for an individual who excels in organization, has superb communication abilities, is technically minded, and is comfortable managing the schedules of complex game projects.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with engineering Directors and Leads to establish long term feature schedules, milestone definitions and phase/sprint goals
- Being a part of the team – working with the teams to overcome complex problems, identify dependencies, develop schedules, improve product quality and stay on track
- Supporting the team by running daily stand-ups, scheduling meetings, taking notes, and otherwise keeping the team stay organized and on track
- Tracking live issues affecting end users and ensure they are being followed up on and resolved
- Understanding and communicating project milestones, task deadlines, and stakeholder feedback to team members across the studio
- Anticipating, identifying and proposing solutions for project risks and issues
- Utilizing the chosen project management software to provide metrics and visibility
- Other duties and responsibilities as defined by the manager including managing teams
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Familiarity with agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Exceptional communications skills both oral and written
- 3+ years of experience working in the game industry
- Have 2-3 years of experience as a Producer or Program Manager of teams
- Shipped at least one game title
- Comprehensive understanding of game development, from concept to submission and sustained development post launch.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and deliver against agreed deadlines.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Passion for games
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
New York Studio
It's the Greatest City in the World, and we're smack down in the middle of it! Since 2011, we have been making games in the one place everyone told us we couldn't. We love it here; our studio is located in a bright, open and airy custom-designed space spanning 20,000 square feet and offering a wide arrange of amenities - not to mention the views. You’ll never forget where you are.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in New York City.
We offer our full time employees 100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and 5 weeks of PTO including 2 weeks of Summer break. Employees enjoy the company’s commitment to work-life balance and working with a talented team on an exciting AAA game. By applying to this role you give your consents as described below.
Avalanche Studios collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Avalanche Studios’s recruitment related activities as well as for organisational planning purposes. Avalanche Studios may use your personal data in relation to the selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests as well as evaluating and assessing the results. Avalanche Studios does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. Avalanche Studios may from time to time also use third parties to act on Avalanche Studios behalf. You agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Avalanche Studios’s group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Avalanche Studios behalf. If your current application to Avalanche Studios proves unsuccessful, your personal data may still be stored for future vacancies. Avalanche Studios will delete all information given on your application form on your request without undue delay. Questions, comments or requests regarding this privacy statement are welcome and should be addressed to: [email protected]