Avalanche Studios is looking for a talented and established Lighting Artist to join a top-tier, experienced team to help craft cutting edge AAA open-world games.
We are looking for a lighting artist who can tackle large and diverse problem sets effectively, autonomously, and with expediency. We are seeking a candidate who can own and innovate all aspects of our local and global lighting environments while keeping project priorities and deliverables in sight.
- 1-2 years of experience with lighting techniques within the game industry
- Experience on one or more AAA titles in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of physically-based lighting techniques
- Strong level understanding of material authoring for physically-based rendering pipelines
- Experience with lighting for dynamic day/night cycles
- Knowledge of color theory and strong sense of light and shadow
- Strong level understanding of color correction and post effects
- Strong knowledge of photographic concepts
- Ability to manage one's own work with minimal supervision
- Passion for playing and making games
- Experience with open world game development
- Experience using a scripting language such as; Python, Java, Perl, Mel, ect.
- Experience with real time f/x
- Ability to communicate an artistic vision.
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com