Are you a PR and communications expert with experience from the video games industry? Would you love to have a key role in building a publishing team at one of Sweden's largest games developers? Then read on, this could be the perfect role for you.
Your main responsibility will be to create and deliver on global PR and influencer strategies and plans building awareness for our games leveraging earned media. You play a key role in building out the PR and influencer relation capabilities as part of Avalanche Studios self-publishing division.
You will be in charge of everything from announcement plans, running up to launch to post-launch media activations. You will work closely with the marketing team as well as development teams to ensure optimal content rollout plans, news pitches, tradeshow presence and other campaigns. Day-to-day execution of global PR and influencer relation plans will be a part of this role with support from territory specific PR agencies.
This is a new role and discipline on the self-publishing team so you will play a key role in shaping ”ways of working” with earned media and create synergies with other marketing disciplines. Its an exciting time to join this team that will come together over the year. Your role is part of the self-publishing marketing team.
- Owner of PR & Influencer strategy and plans for assigned games.
- Execution of campaigns and events according to strategy and plans.
- Build and maintain relationships with global media outlets and key influencers both day-to-day and long-term.
- Define, implement and document PR guidelines for the Avalanche self-publishing division.
- Lead the work for and coordinate territory specific PR agencies.
- Conduct proactive media outreach, prepare press releases when needed, media briefings, messaging documents, and communications/publishing plans.
- Build the profile of our game developers and self-publishing division among earned media outlets.
- Work closely with marketing and developer teams to create best results.
- Help craft the narrative message, including talking points, messaging, media training for Avalanche self-publishing.
- Attend and manage global events on a need basis (GDC, E3, Gamescom, etc.)
- Measure, analyse and report all activities to improve effectiveness and maximize results.
- Experience working in a similar or related role internationally and in the games industry
- A deep understanding of the computer and videogames market
- Excellent inter-personal skills, ability to establish trustworthy relationships with media
- Very strong writing, editing, presentation and communication skills (English)
- Strong strategic mind set and organizational skills
- Self-starter and roll up the sleeves mentality
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment, solution oriented
- Willing and able to travel to industry events and conventions
- Passionate about video games
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume, link to a portfolio and cover letter. A portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com.