Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
Avalanche Studios is looking for a full-time QA Manager to join the multiplayer development of our newest open world / sandbox, AAA multiplayer game. We have a long history of creating some of the most immersive, playful and procedural game worlds in the industry. With our next set of titles we are bringing these worlds to life in multiplayer environments and this is where you come in.
We would like you to plan, coordinate and execute the testing of the project. Someone who supports, trains, facilitates and consults the QA team. Being an advocate of QA throughout the project. The role would be a mix of hands-on and strategy and processes. A mature and professional individual who is self-motivated and enthusiastic
Responsible for Defining QA strategy, approach and execution in the development project.
- Working closely with QA Leads on team structure, headcount and hiring, and developing a training process for new and existing team members
- Working closely with the production team to help prioritize risk management and testing across the product
- Mentoring and coaching team members to ensure both individual and team growth
- Collaborating and communicating with multiple leads and stakeholders about features, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Coordinating with other managers in the organization to share solutions wherever possible
- Implement key KPI indicators to measure team effectiveness to help drive process changes
- Helping drive, contribute and implement a process for testing initiatives across the product
Excellent communication skills – must possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- 4+ years of QA Management experience in gaming
- 2+ years’ experience working with outsource partners, managing and maintaining quality and budgetary requirements
- Experience promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization
- Able to build a detailed test plan that is flexible with ongoing changes in features and verifies builds for full production testing
- Experience testing tools and live product(s) with a frequent release cycle
- Solid technical or engineering background in software and games development
- Experience leading a small diverse QA team, and successfully growing team's capability level
- Demonstrated leadership driving process improvement, pushing quality upstream, and understanding of technical methodologies.
- Passion for games, the industry and next-generation technology across multiple platforms
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.