We are looking for a Junior QA Engineer to join our newly formed team in Malmö, Sweden. We want to find a passionate and dynamic team member, whose attitude is backed up by their experience in creating great games.
You will be working closely with other developers across all disciplines to help bring excellent quality assurance to the games production.
Your main tasks will be to perform functional and qualitative testing of gameplay mechanics. It will be your responsibility to identify, isolate and report all issues into a bug tracking tool and have firm knowledge of bug writing to a high standard. You will work together with the QA Lead to develop test plans and deliver feedback for risk assessments. You will need to be proactive and clearly communicate concerns, work within deadlines, take direction well and actively promote testing within the development.
- 1 year of QA experience in the Video Games Industry
- Experience of analyzing, planning and executing testing
- Knowledge of bug writing and bug tracking software
- A holistic and tenacious approach to problem-solving
- Excellent English (written and verbal)
- High social skills and great at communication
- Patience and attentiveness to details
- Experience from PC and Console testing
- Experience with debugging software and software crash outputs
- An interest in playing games from different genres
- Education in fields related to games or/and testing and an understanding of testing theory and project development life cycle
- QA Live experience
- Good time management and analytical skills
- Experience of Community testing and/or Community Management
- Beta or usability/focus test experience
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and a cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Malmö, Sweden.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our studio in Malmö, Sweden is the company’s third location since it was founded in Stockholm in 2003, and expanded to New York City in 2011.The Malmö studio will focus on development of current and future Avalanche Studios IPs, relatively small and flexible projects which rest on a solid foundation of AAA production values and award-winning proprietary technology. Malmö was chosen because of its unique location, rich culture and - above all - thriving game development community. With our creative independence, a decade and a half of experience and strong portfolio of games, Avalanche Studios will fill a unique position in the city.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com.