Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
Avalanche Studios is looking for a passionate, business minded and analytical Product Owner to take part in a new unannounced game.
As Product Owner, you will help to drive the future product and business development of the new title.The role includes setting the long-term strategy for the game, defining business objectives, working towards maximising profitability, but also understanding and representing the wants and needs of our players.
You are used to delivering results within a fast-paced game development environment and possess a strong analytical acumen and business judgement. Furthermore, you need to be able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a proven track record of driving solutions both internationally and cross-functionally. Your understanding of the business behind video games in general, and how to run a game as a service in particular, is of vital importance, as is the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically. You should also be accustomed to using customer centric data to identify opportunities and evaluate results.
- Set the long-term roadmap for the product
- Research, assess, analyze and produce business plans and visions for current and future product and and business opportunities
- Analyze customer data and feedback to determine features or components that will add value to a product as well as maximize sales
- Identify new trends and key opportunities for innovation
- Understand the audience, analyze customer patterns and share insights with internal teams about what drives and motivates our players
- Work closely with the marketing and development teams to optimize our opportunities and drive towards the set business objectives
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives and deliverables are clearly communicated and achieved
- Work with the Producer to plan capacity utilization
- 5+ years experience in a product role at a tech or gaming company.
- Previous experience owning and managing a product roadmap, crafting product requirements and specifications
- Ample knowledge about the videogames market, user acquisition and optimization of the player funnel
- Management experience, with a proven track-record of growing and empowering direct reports
- Extensive knowledge of working in a KPI-driven environment, and delivering ROI
- Experience with doing forecasting and creating monthly/yearly/long term budgets
- Fluent English and great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Collaborative, proactive and self-motivated
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player
- Passionate about video games
- Keen gamer
- Experience working in an international environment
- AAA game development experience
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and what games you enjoy playing in general.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.