Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
Avalanche Studios are looking for a Senior Character Artist who is ready to raise the bar in terms of realistic character and creature art in our next self published title. You will develop art content for characters and creatures and contribute exceptional quality art to the game. You will be a key part of a small art team and will have a major role to play helping form the look of the project as well as driving the quality and creativity of character work. The candidate must be not only technically proficient but highly creative, a great communicator and someone who is looking to take ownership and responsibility for a major aspect of the game.
- Excellent skills in Maya, Photoshop, substance painter and Z-brush or equivalent
- A strong sense of asset ownership though the art pipeline, taking full responsibility for assets from initial creation to implementation in the final product
- Previously created character and creature models for one or more published AA or AAA games
- Ability to create highly unique characters based on existing concept art or briefs.
- Ability to quickly iterate on designs and build upon existing work to create new directions or variants.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- You have an excellent artistic ability and you are driven to find the right visual feeling and quality in your work.
- Passion for playing and making games.
- Experience creating character concept.
- Technical art skills such as rigging and skinning
- Experience using multiple engines and tool chains.
Avalanche Studios is developing for both current and next gen platforms.
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills (High & Low Poly Models, Texture pages, Renders etc.). Add a link to your online portfolio in your CV. To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Malmö, Sweden.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our studio in Malmö, Sweden is the company’s third location since it was founded in Stockholm in 2003, and expanded to New York City in 2011.The Malmö studio will focus on development of current and future Avalanche Studios IPs, relatively small and flexible projects which rest on a solid foundation of AAA production values and award-winning proprietary technology. Malmö was chosen because of its unique location, rich culture and - above all - thriving game development community. With its creative independence, a decade and a half of experience and strong portfolio of games, Avalanche Studios will fill a unique position in the city.