Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
The studio is looking for two Head of Marketing professionals, one of you is passionate about our action packed AAA games and one who enjoys the great out doors. Both of you should be passionate about driving user acquisition, brand awareness and shape the identity of our products. To achieve this, you will lead a world-class Marcom team and identify, plan and execute on opportunities that will impact new, existing and potential players, as well as build strong processes to tangibly measure success.
You’ll work closely with the development teams to design and execute international marketing campaigns that create awareness and engagement around the products as well as engage our communities. The ideal candidate knows how to excite and engage players in an authentic way, using meaningful in-game and around-game content. Making communities grow is your passion, and this is what you truly strive for. We are looking for a humble and ambitious Head of Marketing who can push boundaries.
You don’t build a team to delegate tasks, but rather you surround yourself with talent to ensure that opportunities are identified and seized. You bring experience in leadership positions where you’ve challenged and inspired others to be their best selves, personally and professionally.
Your priority is the same as ours, deliver amazing experiences to players, and no matter how we work and what tools we use, we’re all prepared to challenge ourselves and strive for change as soon as we believe there’s a better way for the team to be more effective at what we do. You’re an expert in the craft and bring experience at creating digital campaigns as well as driving brand awareness and conversion across multiple channels. Having acquired this experience in the video games industry and/ or mobile environments is a bonus. Additionally, you have a strong background in crafting and coordinating high performing digital media plans and measuring its impact.
Your understanding and love for video games goes beyond playing them and you have a deep understanding of the unique needs of different communities. You are used to talking to different target audiences and create strong product positioning that speak to the players. You’ve got experience using analytics to measure campaigns, you are driven by KPIs and are comfortable using your wide array of tools to craft successful marketing campaigns. You’re able to build marketing strategies that will guide both you and the local teams to build the right mix between short, mid and long term and medium to high impact initiatives.
- Work closely with Product Owners and Managing Directors to prioritize marketing spend in specific regions and ensure the optimal allocation of resources
- Support the live teams with insights - optimizing every campaign for reach, engagement, and monetization
- Provide frequent reports and analysis of the regional game and business performance to various internal stakeholders
- Be the focal point of cross-functional collaboration between Product Owner and Marcom team
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders; business and media partners, community influencers and marketing agencies
- Be responsible for the overall brand position communication, and assist in constantly evaluating new exciting market opportunities
- Lead your team to work on multiple products with specific Product Owners as well as prioritize what to focus on based on the context of each product
- Partner with multiple teams to create online marketing campaigns that drive player acquisition, retention and engagement
- Create global brand strategies and build regional specific tactics that will fit and resonate with local audiences in order to drive key performance indicators
- Oversee and study our game performance on the market and find opportunities to improve on those who offer the most potential for growth
- Build tracking methodologies and boards that will help teams to better measure impact and performance on specific delivered initiatives
- Lead and execute high performing digital media initiatives from start to end
- 10+ years working with consumer marketing, digital marketing or equivalent
- Management experience, with a proven track-record of growing and empowering direct reports
- Extensive knowledge of the digital marketing field including acquisition channels, social media, influencers and online press/media
- Knowledge of marketing analytics, setting KPIs and delivering ROI
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Collaborative, proactive and self-motivated
- Team player
- Passionate about video games
- Previous experience from marketing within the video games industry
- Experience working in an international environment (knowledge of the Chinese market is a big plus)
- Additional language(s) on a native level
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.