Avalanche Studios New York is looking for an exceptionally skilled Concept Artist to join a top-tier, experienced team to help craft cutting-edge game worlds for our next AAA game title. We are interested in hearing from all levels of developer for this position; junior, on-level, and senior artists.
As a concept artist at Avalanche Studios you will work directly with the art director, internal interdisciplinary teams, and other internal and external creators to set the artistic tone and vision for our next game.
- Excellent traditional art skills with an eye for atmospheric, perspective, color, and lighting, and the ability to use these skills to properly portray the mood of the concept
- Proficiency in the use of Photoshop or other digital painting tools as well as traditional painting/rendering techniques
- The ability to understand and embellish the greater vision of the art director, while considering the constraints of art style, gameplay, technical possibilities
- Exceptional skill in communicating an artistic vision, both written and verbally
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Some AAA video game platform experience
- Passion for playing and making games
- 3+ years industry experience
- Experience with Maya, Zbrush, Sketchup or other 3D content packages
- Exceptional hard surface concept skills
- Exceptional environmental concept skills
- Familiarity with video game product development including workflow, tools, limits of technology, character turnarounds, storyboarding, marketing material, graphic design, HUD/UI design
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
New York Studio
It's the Greatest City in the World, and we're smack down in the middle of it! Since 2011, we have been making games in the one place everyone told us we couldn't. We love it here; our studio is located in a bright, open and airy custom-designed space spanning 20,000 square feet and offering a wide arrange of amenities - not to mention the views. You’ll never forget where you are.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in New York City.
We offer our full time employees 100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and 5 weeks of PTO including 2 weeks of Summer break. Employees enjoy the company’s commitment to work-life balance and working with a talented team on an exciting AAA game.
By applying to this role you give your consents as described below. Avalanche Studios collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Avalanche Studios’s recruitment related activities as well as for organisational planning purposes. Avalanche Studios may use your personal data in relation to the selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests as well as evaluating and assessing the results. Avalanche Studios does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. Avalanche Studios may from time to time also use third parties to act on Avalanche Studios behalf. You agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Avalanche Studios’s group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Avalanche Studios behalf. If your current application to Avalanche Studios proves unsuccessful, your personal data may still be stored for future vacancies. Avalanche Studios will delete all information given on your application form on your request without undue delay.