To do an internship at Avalanche Studios is almost like being employed by us. In many ways the differences are non-existent; as an intern you are responsible for your own part of the game and the tasks you get depend on your knowledge and background. We are constantly aware of the fact that the internship is part of your education and our goal is to maximize your opportunities to learn and develop.
Avalanche Studios seeks a part-time intern to serve as a creative research assistant for a AAA game currently in development. Undergraduates and graduate students majoring in material culture, history of design, anthropology, and other relevant subject areas will be considered.
The majority of time will be spent assisting the head of research (who is based in Stockholm) with various research initiatives, sourcing expertise, and structuring information and references, as well as serving as on-ground support for the team in Stockholm .
This position is based in Stockholm Sweden. The contract will be part-time and contractual.
- Superb communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to source expertise and conduct research using various media (games, films, academic papers and research publications).
- Strong personal drive
- Attention to detail, timely follow-up
- Strong organization, time management and prioritizing skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Previous experience with gaming is considered a plus, but not required.
- Experience with the creative process as a practitioner or researcher.
- Experience structuring documentation and archives.
Support the team with research and presentations related to the following:
- Material culture
- Games criticism
- Representation/Identity politics
- Support with preliminary material review and vetting as related to the objectives of the Research department
- Source and recommend reference materials to support the team, as needed
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.