Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
At Avalanche Studios, our team of talented developers is growing. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be an excellent fit for you.
Expansive Worlds, one of three creative divisions at Avalanche Studios, dedicated to outdoor games with realistic game-play, is seeking a Director of Development to oversee its growing project portfolio. The foundation of the portfolio are our hunting titles that is enjoyed by millions of players, on console and PC, across the globe. We’re looking for a well-practiced leader, deeply familiar with the art of game development and our industry who have worked developing AA games that, preferably, have been run as services. The right fit for this position must have the experience and leadership skills to manage a world-class team while maintaining clear and constant communication with stakeholders throughout the organization.
For the right person this is a career-defining opportunity. We’re hoping to hear from a select few that meet the requirements and possess the track record, leadership, and culture fit needed to have an immediate impact. If you share our passion for making the best gaming experiences possible, and are excited by the challenge of helping craft and evolve a world-class development team, then reach out and let’s talk!
- Helps to define the division’s production goals and monitors the relevant KPI’s
- Responsible for the delivery of portfolio of projects (from Pitch to Submission)
- Co-owner of the self-publishing production process (with equal in Avalanche Publishing division)
- Manages project leads - Line Producers and Senior Producers - supporting them in solving problems or finding synergies and effectivisations
- Drives and manages new pitches in the pitch process
- Oversee project risk mitigation efforts and ensure they are effective
- Manage financial tracking for ongoing projects, coordinating between project leadership and the finance department
- Responsible for collaborations with external development partners
- A minimum of 6 years producing video games
- Shipped multiple products, on AAA or AA budgets
- Extraordinary communications, project management, and relationship-building skills
- Recognized ability to build and lead teams
- Able to work well in a team environment and simultaneously manage multiple complex projects
- Experience formulating product messaging and marketing plans, as well as experience with a wide range of business models and monetization methods
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels
- Strong knowledge of the game market and gaming platforms
For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.