Avalanche Studios is famous for games such as the award-winning Just Cause series and Mad Max, but has also released the free-to-play theHunter 2009 (Developed by the subsidiary Expansive World) with nearly 8 million registered players in over 190 countries. TheHunter franchise grew further with the premium title: Call of the Wild, released for PC and Playstation 4 and Xbox One in 2017.
At the moment, Avalanche Studios is developing Rage 2 on behalf of publisher Bethesda with scheduled release in 2019. In 2018, Avalanche Studios has also announced Just Cause 4 together with Square Enix and the self-funded game Generation Zero.
Avalanche Studios, that is based in Stockholm, New York and now Malmö, was founded in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg, and is today owned by Nordisk Film, a company within the Egmont media group. The studio builds games on their own developed game engine Apex – Avalanche Open World Engine – which enables huge open worlds filled to the breadth of freedom.
Avalanche Studios is currently hiring a Dialogue/Localization Coordinator to work one of our one of our newest open world / sandbox multiplayer games. As a Dialogue/Localization Coordinator at Avalanche Studios you will be an integral part of coordinating the creation and management of all dialogue in one of our game productions including text/string handling, supervising voice recordings and game localization.
You will work closely with Designers and other major stakeholders on the project to construct and refine the acting/dialogue and the narrative experience.
This position requires someone who is structured, organized and systematic.
- Manage the text string and dialogue database
- Manage and Schedule game localization and being the a key partner for the Producer in localization expertise.
- Oversee the implementation of in-game dialogue by other Scripters and be prepared to implement some dialogue yourself
- Editing, balancing, and balancing large numbers of dialogue
- Coordinate and oversee dialogue creation from idea to final result in game
- Use feedback from play tests, troubleshoot and fix game dialogue issues
- Actively work on improving existing pipelines and processes for dialogue integration.
- Be the champion of internationalization, culturalization and localization within the project, before localization starts, to make sure cultural or technical localization issues are caught early.
- Advanced user of MS Office and Google Suite
- Ability to manage and handle large amounts of text strings and dialogue
- Interest and knowledge in managing audio recording and audio recording studios
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Highly organized and structured
- Experience in translation/localization management software (Localize Direct, memoQ, SLDX or similar)
- Must be self-motivated, able to manage and track one's own workload
- Good understanding of drama and the narrative process
- Knowledge in audio recording, editing, processing, integration, and mixing.
- Have previously worked in the game or localization industry, voice recording studio, television, films in similar position
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm, Sweden.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.