Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
The studio is currently hiring a Localization Coordinator to work one of our one of our newest open world / sandbox multiplayer games. As a Localization Coordinator at Avalanche Studios you will be an integral part of coordinating the management of all localization in one of our game productions including project internationalization, text/string database handling and evangelizing game localization internally.
You will work closely with Writers, Designers, Producers, QA Leads and other major stakeholders on the project to manage the whole localization process from scheduling, source language management to communication with external vendors, and make sure the localized versions provide the same experience to players regardless of the language they play in.
This position requires someone who is structured, organized and systematic.
- Manage and upkeep large amounts of text in our string database (UI text, dialogue, string context etc.)
- Manage and schedule game localization and being the key partner for the Producer in localization expertise.
- Be a champion for internationalization, culturalization and localization within the project, especially before the localization phase starts, to ensure cultural and technical localization issues (UI, Art) are caught early
- VO Localization Management - liaise with Narrative/Audio teams to coordinate localization VO casting, recording, post-processing
- Support Translation/Localization teams before and during loc phase: provide and create localization kits/bibles, manage Q&A files. Escalate issues if necessary
- Select localization vendors and conduct vendor evaluation
- Support for producers for the Legal/trademark check process (optional - not core)
- Actively work on improving existing pipelines and processes for localization tools, processes and middleware.
- Advanced user of MS Office and Google Suite
- Ability to manage and handle large amounts of text strings and dialogue
- Copytext editing/proofreading experienceExcellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- Proficiency in at least 1 language other than English
- Highly organized and structured
- Experience in translation/localization management software (Localize Direct, memoQ, SLDX or similar) and/or Localization QA coordination experience
- Experience in subtitling
- Must be self-motivated, able to manage and track one's own workload
- Have previously worked in the localization industry, either in games or comparable media production
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm, Sweden.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.