In this recruitment process Avalanche Studios is cooperating with Invici. For questions about this role, please contact the responsible recruitment consultant, Nadja Linder, telephone number 0707-96 95 97 / [email protected] Nadja makes the selection of final candidates who are then interviewed by Avalanche.
Avalanche Studios is famous for games such as the award-winning Just Cause series and Mad Max, but has also released the free-to-play theHunter 2009 (Developed by the subsidiary Expansive World) with nearly 8 million registered players in over 190 countries. TheHunter franchise grew further with the premium title: Call of the Wild, released for PC and Playstation 4 and Xbox One in 2017.
At the moment, Avalanche Studios is developing Rage 2 on behalf of publisher Bethesda with scheduled release in 2019. By 2018, Avalanche Studios has also announced Just Cause 4 together with Square Enix and the self-funded game Generation Zero.
Avalanche Studios, that is based in Stockholm, New York and now Malmö, was founded in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg, and is today owned by Nordisk Film, a company within the Egmont media group. The studio builds games on their own developed game engine Apex – Avalanche Open World Engine – which enables huge open worlds filled to the breadth of freedom.
As Business controller you will:
– work with profitability analysis of business units and development projects
– have responsibility for financial planning, monthly follow-up and reporting
– proactively support business units, producers, development projects and other stakeholders in how to interpret results, achieve accurate budgets and forecasting and challenge actions and areas in needed to reach financial targets
– monitor and develop KPIs and provide insight and direction to drive profitability and productivity
– develop and use data driven reports from analysis- and database system tool (Exopen)
– when necessary, support financial controllers in closing, group reporting and audit processes
– support reporting to Egmont/Nordisk Film (Avalanche Studio’s owners)
– optimize cash flows and payment processes and actively take part in improving company’s other financial processes
– do ad hoc analysis, business cases and evaluating new business opportunities and partnerships
We expect you to have a Bachelor’s degree in finance and a minimum of 5 years of experience of business controlling. You have strong business system skills (for financials and business calculations-and data analyses), specifically in Microsoft Excel. Experienced in drafting and presenting reports in Microsoft Power point and fluency in English is required (English is Avalanche Studios group language).
To excel in this position we expect you to have experience from and/or a genuine interest in the gaming industry. You are analytical and would enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment. You need a high working capacity with ability to deliver accurately and timely. You have a strong drive and passion for what you do, take initiatives to make improvements and find new ways of working. Your business mindset and your profound interest in the reality and the business behind the figures will be highly valued when working with financial analyses for our business units and game development projects, KPIs, monthly reporting, budgets and forecast.
You need a solid finance competence and a solution oriented, prestige-less and dedicated mindset. Great if you value responsibility, good team work and straightforward communication too.
We believe you are driven by being involved in the company’s continued development in an exciting industry as well as working close to CFO and management.