As a member of the audio team, you will enjoy working with many and varied parts of implementation and design, through our editors and scripting languages, as well as middle ware solutions and standard audio editors. The Avalanche audio pipeline is design driven, so you will enjoy great freedom in your designs as you implement these designs all the way into the game.
As a Sound Designer you will be part of a tight and highly motivated team that strives to create the best sound experiences possible in games. In addition to the various members of the audio department you will get to work side by side with game developers of all disciplines (e.g., UI, vehicles, weapons, etc) in order to help them realize the sound of their designs.
Qualified candidates must have a passion for audio, a feel for music and a solid grasp of theoretical concepts such as sonic perspective, layered textures and abstract vs. concrete sound design as well as more tangible concepts such as gain structure, and basic digital audio principals.
- designing sounds
- implementation of sounds into the game
- music editing
- Minimum of 3 years working as a sound designer in the games industry (film industry experience appreciated) with at least one shipped title
- Great understanding of sound implementation and design, and the stages involved in taking your design all the way into the game
- Ability to take direction for sound design
- Good grasp of FMOD (Designer or Studio)
- Fluent in common audio tools and software (Reaper, Cubase, ProTools, Soundforge, etc)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to edit and navigate within XML and Python scripts
- Highly motivated and good at communicating and working within cross-discipline teams
- A passion for outdoor games
- Field recording experience
- Understanding of new loudness standards
- Solid grasp of microphone basics
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com