We are looking for an enthusiastic and exceptionally skilled programmer to help drive the graphics development.
You will work with writing performance critical code to feed the GPU, and take responsibility for elevating the visual quality of the game to the highest possible level in close collaboration with the art and tech departments. As is typical of Avalanches open world games, you will be instrumental in pushing both the realism and immersiveness of the world. In addition to outstanding technical knowledge, we are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A well-developed aesthetic sense
- Solid background in rendering with experience in shaders and lighting
- Strong math skills
- Experienced with CPU/GPU optimizations
- Strong CPU and GPU debugging skills
- A solid understanding of the pros and cons that the current console architectures impose on all aspects of the rendering pipeline
- Direct experience with PS4 or XBox One development for a shipped title.
- Experience with the certification of console titles.
- An understanding of all aspects of game programming, including physics, animation, AI and networking
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.