Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix), the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) and is currently working on Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks), scheduled for release in 2019. As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has brought free-to-play service theHunter Classic to market and reached more than 7 million registered players across 190 countries. The theHunter franchise was expanded in 2017 to also include premium title theHunter: Call of the Wild, which was released for PC and subsequently console platforms. Avalanche Studios, which is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö, was founded in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.
How to work
- Help make new characters, environments, concepts, animations, UI, and/or armor.
- Work closely with a mentor to improve technical skills, artistic sensibilities, and a strong work ethic.
- Must be a current student
- Can demonstrate strong artistic sensibilities, robust technical skills, and strong work ethic.
- Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful artist in the video game industry.
- Candidates must apply with a resume and portfolio link to be considered.
Our Positions Available:
2D/ Concept Artist: Collaborate with our concept team to produce quality design work, and sketches, model sheets, and production
- Demonstrated a strong art and design foundation with your portfolio.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and other illustration software.
- 3D experience is also good to have
UI Artist: Create polished in-game UI and graphic design elements that enhance player interactions and promote a rewarding player experience.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of graphic design principles in their work.
- Proficient with Adobe Create Suite.
- Knowledgeable about video game UI / UX concepts.
- Good skills in Maya, Photoshop and Z-brush or equivalent
- A sense of asset ownership though the art pipeline, taking responsibility for assets from initial creation to implementation in the final product
- Some experience in creating character models
- Ability to create unique characters based on existing concept Art
- Good understanding of generating textures from high poly models
Environment Artist: Work closely with our team to help create compelling worlds that push the boundary of gameplay, art, and storytelling.
- Skilled in a traditional modelling package like 3DS Max or Maya.
- Strong sense of composition and layout.
Avalanche Studios will pay interns 5, 000 SEK once the internship is concluded and an additional 10, 000 SEK if you are hired into a full time position after your internship is complete
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills. Add a link to your online portfolio in your CV. To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. Assignments are preferable done onsite in Stockholm, Sweden.
Local candidates only. This position will require to work in our Stockholm Studio