Avalanche Studios is the creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise and the developer of Mad Max and Rage 2. As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö.
Expansive Worlds is a Creative Division within Avalanche Studios and operates as an independent business with a unique offering. With a track record of creating and publishing premier open world hunting simulators, Expansive Worlds has established itself as one of the world’s leading outdoors game developers. After laying a strong foundation with a profitable business and loyal player base, Expansive Worlds is in a great position to expand its theHunter IP to the next level and even beyond the gaming. There is also a huge potential for expansion with possible new titles within the emerging outdoor segment.
As the Managing Director of Expansive Worlds, you will be responsible for driving growth as well as organizational, cultural and people development. Additionally, you will be responsible for delivering results for Expansive Worlds as a part of Avalanche Studios broader strategy. The Managing Director reports directly to the Avalanche Studios CEO.
- Develop and successfully implement strategic and tactical plans, long- and short-term roadmaps
- Full P&L responsibility for the Creative Division
- Define the Creative Division’s budget, then drive towards and continuously monitor and adjust progress towards KPI’s
- Manage revenue optimization and cost control
- Successfully expand and evolve the franchise and IP strategies
- Identify and build strong strategic partnerships
- Planning and execution of the Creative Division’s creative development plans, production and live services
- Collaborate with internal and external marketing teams, to implement marketing plans, through efficient promotions and communication
- Operate within defined company policies and structures
- Align with the company management team and other business units to help find synergies, efficiencies, and opportunities in order to ensure a holistic company approach by championing a “When Avalanche wins – we all win!” mentality.
The right candidate is a strong leader with an entrepreneurial mindset. You have experience from managerial positions in B2C companies with its own solutions/products, probably with experience from the gaming/online media industry. You also show a clear drive for creating profitable growth and to develop and implement successful strategies with a business-oriented mind. The combination of strategic capacity, pragmatism and a non-prestigious mindset are important characteristics.
- Proven track record of successful business management in similar positions at managerial level
- Drive for results through a strong customer focus and a sense of business ownership
- Deep understanding of live product principles, methods, and processes
- Strategic mindset combined with operational effectiveness
- Negotiation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong experience in building and leading high performing teams
- Strong flexibility and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Experience from the gaming industry
- Experience and personal interest of the outdoor industry
- Personal characteristics
- A high degree of energy and passion for creating business results
- Stable personality with excellent leadership skills, being able to motivate teams and build a strong organization
- Hands-on and humble
- Strong communication and social skills to engage people – staff, clients and partners
- Structured and methodical with the ability to switch from the overall perspective to details when needed
- Strong analytical skills
For this role, you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply for this position, please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement only.