Avalanche Studios in Stockholm is seeking a passionate and highly motivated Senior Camera Designer to help build one of our exciting AAA projects.
As a Senior Camera Designer, you will be responsible for setting-up, implementing/scripting and maintaining the in-game camera for our up-coming AAA title. This will be a very important role, as the camera will be very diverse and dynamic - almost a character in the game in itself.
An exceptional candidate has a proven track record with high-end AAA titles and the setting up/maintenance of game cameras in past titles. He/she will have strong compositional awareness, as well as some understanding of camera principles for film. This position requires the candidate to have a nice mix of creative and technical expertise - you are the driving force of our game’s camera.
You'll be responsible for
- Ability to write supporting documentation for camera systems
- Setup of aesthetically pleasing cameras with strong composition, as well as variations to those cameras to cover any “edge-cases”, which work seamlessly in a game environment
- Implementation and scripting of those cameras
- Maintenance of cameras throughout the production cycle
- Working closely with the animation director to achieve the game’s vision, camera-wise
- Communicating effectively with content teams to identify workflow issues, spec out the plan to solve them, and then drive that plan to a shippable state
- Using technical expertise to find creative solutions to challenging problems
- Strong understanding of camera aesthetics and shot composition
- Strong understanding of the limitations of a game camera and how to work around those limitations
- Clear and open communication skills
- Knowledge/expertise with Autodesk animation software (Maya/Motionbuilder)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Desire to work as part of a team; taking feedback and direction appropriately, and the motivation to work autonomously
- Experience working on open world games
- Experience working with open-world third-person games
- Experience with open world driving games
- C++ programming experience
A Portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills - please add a link to your online portfolio in your resume. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm, Sweden (preferably), or in New York, U.S.A.
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at ww