Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix), the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) and is currently working on Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks), scheduled for release in 2019. As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has brought free-to-play service theHunter Classic to market and reached more than 7 million registered players across 190 countries. theHunter franchise was expanded in 2017 to also include premium title theHunter: Call of the Wild, which was released for PC and subsequently console platforms. Avalanche Studios, which is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö, was founded in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.
We strongly believe that developer efficiency is a differentiating factor between a blockbuster success and a failure and this is where you as the Automation Programmer come in. You are part of the team responsible for availability, latency, resource efficiency, overall performance, change management, monitoring, and capacity planning for core services. Working with a large codebase spanning multiple languages and domains, you will work to improve game team efficiency by automating processes and developing services.
We believe that a successful candidate has strong programming skills and a distinct sense of craftsmanship; preferably with experience working on continuous integration environments and cloud systems. If you believe that rapid iterations is key to making great games and have hands-on experience improving developer workflows we would like to meet you.
This is a great opportunity to join the IT and engine team and contribute to an environment where our developers are efficient and productive. Being a part of this team means that a lot of people will rely on your expertise and the optimal candidate will thrive under such circumstances.
We offer you a challenging, relaxed and stimulating environment where you will work with some of the industrys brightest minds while constantly applying and deepening your skills.
- Solid experience developing for - and administration - of Linux
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with version control systems such as Perforce, Git, Subversion
- Experience with continuous integration systems Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.
- Familiar developing and using REST-like APIs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with virtualization (ESX, etc.) and containerization (Docker)
- Experience with Google Compute, AWS, or similar cloud environments
- Database experience, with distributed systems such as Cassandra (prefered) or RDBMs such as PostgreSQL
- Familiar with asynchronous messaging systems such as Google Cloud Pub/Sub or RabbitMQ
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Familiar developing for Windows
- Familiar with C, C++, Java, C#, or similar
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.