We are looking to expand the team with a passionate Community Developer for Generation Zero that wants to be part of caring after and growing our community.
Generation Zero is Avalanche Studios’ recently released (March 2019) story-driven open-world FPS set in an alternative 1980’s Sweden. Players are able to play solo, or join up to three friends as they use their stealth, tactical know-how and in some cases, raw firepower, to defeat a mysterious invasion of machines.
Your main responsibilities will be identifying and activating relevant communities via forums, social media, livestreams, and other available channels. The ultimate goal being a growing, healthy, and engaged community.
You plan your community initiatives in alignment with the overall marketing plan as well as development schedules. You act as a liaison between players and the development team ensuring expectation management is handled both ways.
Since we are a lean team each role comes with a lot of responsibility and a lot of creative freedom, so we expect you to be autonomous and a quick learner. This position is part of the Marketing team in the self-publishing division.
- Development - Develop a fast growing, healthy community.
- Engagement - Engage our community via forums, live stream, social media channels and other available platforms.
- Plans - Craft and execute on community plan in close collaboration with marketing and developers.
- Expectation management - Ensure community communication is reflecting what the game is, thereby setting the right expectations.
- Feedback - Collect, organize, and escalate community feedback to the stakeholders within the dev team to ensure community-driven game development.
- Evangelization - Act as the voice of the game towards the community.
- Hands-on - Engage in dialogue and answer questions (where appropriate).
- Copywriting - Write up statements, patch notes, copy for website etc. on behalf of the game.
- Events - Create and execute competitions, campaigns, and events.
- Moderator Management - Assist and guide community/forum moderators
- Analytics - Identify and report on key metrics demonstrating community health and growth. Aligning with overall Marketing KPIs.
- Be a Personality - Be confident in front of a camera and able to think on your feet during live streams to our fans.
- At least 2+ years of community management and/or social media management experience
- Comfortable communicating online - must be hands-on
- Understands video game culture and comfortable talking to gamers
- Excellent communication skills (English)
- Good knowledge of all main social media platforms
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter and roll up the sleeves mentality
- Solution oriented problem solver
- Willing and able to travel
- Passionate about video games
- Previous experience from community management within the video games industry
- Basic Photoshop skills or/and video editing tools.
- Additional language(s) on a native level
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume, link to a portfolio and cover letter. A portfolio is required demonstrating all aspects of your skills. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com.