Avalanche Studios New York is looking for a Senior Vehicle/Hard Surface Artist to join a top-tier, experienced team to help craft cutting edge AAA game environments. We are interested in hearing from Senior artists for this position.
As a vehicle/hard surface artist at Avalanche Studios you will work in collaboration with art and other departments to visually create the vehicles, weapons and other key assets in the world. We expect you to take your art all the way from conceptual mockups through modeling and texturing to final implementation in the game. You will also be responsible for the final functionality of your assets, such as complex collision modeling, destruction and morph-target creation, and other technical setups.
- AAA game development experience, and a minimum of one shipped product.
- Excellent modeling skills using Autodesk Maya and other 3D packages
- Excellent texturing skills using Adobe Photoshop, Substance Painter and Designer
- A strong understanding of asset art pipelines, including normal map projection and vehicle modeling
- Strong understanding of physical based rendering
- A strong reel demonstrating well-documented artistic ability
- Proficiency with complex assets, setups and pipelines.
- A great sense of technical know how and functional problem-solving
- A strong sense for how mechanical objects are fabricated and assembled
- Ability to bring a concept together through 3D or 2D
- Passion for playing and making games
- Several shipped AAA games
- Experience with Zbrush
- Experience with Photogrammetry
- Experience with procedural pipelines such as Houdini
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
New York Studio
It's the Greatest City in the World, and we're smack down in the middle of it! Since 2011, we have been making games in the one place everyone told us we couldn't. We love it here; our studio is located in a bright, open and airy custom-designed space spanning 20,000 square feet and offering a wide arrange of amenities - not to mention the views. You’ll never forget where you are.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in New York City.
We offer our full time employees 100% company paid Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance and 5 weeks of PTO including 2 weeks of Summer break. Employees enjoy the company’s commitment to work-life balance and working with a talented team on an exciting AAA game.
By applying to this role you give your consents as described below. Avalanche Studios collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Avalanche Studios’s recruitment related activities as well as for organisational planning purposes. Avalanche Studios may use your personal data in relation to the selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests as well as evaluating and assessing the results. Avalanche Studios does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. Avalanche Studios may from time to time also use third parties to act on Avalanche Studios behalf. You agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Avalanche Studios’s group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Avalanche Studios behalf. If your current application to Avalanche Studios proves unsuccessful, your personal data may still be stored for future vacancies. Avalanche Studios will delete all information given on your application form on your request without undue delay.