At Expansive Worlds our mission is to create outstanding, realistic and immersive outdoor gaming experiences. As our divisions Creative Director you will play a pivotal role for Expansive Worlds and our future, taking lead in shaping our creative work and product concept, while having an eye for commercial innovation and monetization. We consider us all as team players, hence leadership and guidance comes by nature.
As a person you share our love for outdoor activities, recreation and passion for making great outdoors greater in our crafting.
In the role you:
- Provide our creative vision for our products aligned with our divisional mindset and player promise
- Accountable for our creative framework over product lifecycle as we manage game as a service (GaaS)
- Establish and safeguard the creative vision of the division product portfolio
- Support projects with creative oversight and feedback
- Oversee creative quality aspects to all projects; in production or in a live environment
- Accountable for working procedures and quality assurance within the field of creatives
- Review milestone materials together with division management
- Act as division in-game creative representative in communication with or pitching to external parties
- Establish division guidelines, routines and goals in regards to diversity and inclusivity of project creative content
- Utilize and compile competitor breakdown and analysis to stay ahead of market in the creative field
- Manage our feature set inventory
- Manage and act as a discipline/division lead for Game directors and Art Directors
- Partner with Director of Development and Head of Marketing to establish quality assurance throughout project lifetimes, including but not limited to: focus testing, playtesting, mock reviews.
- Align and communicate with other division creative stakeholders to set and pursue company wide goals.
- Act as an ambassador for the division in both media and industry marketing, communication and talent acquisition
In the role you’re reporting to the Managing Director for Expansive Worlds and work in tandem with the divisional Director of Development, Technical Director, Product Managers and Head of Marketing.
- Solid background as Creative Director, preferably from gaming industry
- 3+ years experience as Game Designer
- 3+ years experience in leading a team and other designers
- 3+ years experience managing games as a service (GaaS)
- Leadership role and creative assignments from mobile environments beneficial
- Solid background in Graphic Design
- Ability to articulate strategies to a wider community
- Outstanding understanding of monetization in gaming - in mobile and traditional platforms
- Strong belief in designing strategic product experiences
- A passion for outdoor activities
- Will to drive constant growth
- Find comfort and drive in an environment under evolvement and in a level of ambiguity
- Self-sufficient and can-do attitude
- A nature to contribute with energy and drive
In Expansive Worlds and Avalanche Studios Group we have a we-culture. We’re in it together, in good times and bad times. We strive for a good work-life balance and really mean it. The experience of work with us should be engaging, fun and with the sense of breaking new grounds as we move on in our journey.
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
was chosen because of its unique location, rich culture and - above all - thriving game development community. With our creative independence, a decade and a half of experience and strong portfolio of games, Avalanche Studios will fill a unique position in the city.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.